Individual pilgrimage sea cruises with the the shrines of Mount Athos delivered on board of your yacht. The cruise can start both from Ouranoupoli (Athos Peninsula), and the port of Ormos Panagias (Sithonia Peninsula). The individual tour along the shores of Mount Athos implies the absence of time restrictions when planning the route.
During the cruise you can see the Holy Mountain's monasteries and sketes located on the cliffs, while travelling along the Athos peninsula by private ship. The trip takes place on a motor yacht. All the Athos coastline of 120 miles is open for the pilgrimage, so the boat must be fast and comfortable. The maximum number of passengers is 8-10 people.
What makes this pilgrimage tour the most attractive is the possibility of bringing the shrines of Athos monasteries on board by monks. In addition, you can confess and talk to the monks in private.
When planning a trip to the shores of Mount Athos, everything depends on the specifics of your request; to date, shrines of the following monasteries have been taken out on board:
- Vatopedi - the Cincture of the Theotokos, the miraculous Icon of the Blessed Virgin Mary "Pantanassa," which is known to heal from cancer and oncological diseases;
- Agiou Pavlou - the Gifts of the Magi, the Head of the Great Martyr and Healer Panteleimon, the Miraculous Icon of the Mother of God "The Mirror";
- Dionysiou - the miraculous "Akathist" Icon, the relics of John the Baptist (the right hand he laid on the Savior during Baptism), Particle of the Precious Life-giving Cross of the Lord, particle of the relics of Saint Paraskeva (the right hand);
- Xenophontos - Particle of the Precious Life-giving Cross of the Lord, parts of the relics of St. George, Philip the Apostle, St. Panteleimon, St. Marina, Andrew the Apostle, St. Barnabas, St. Basil, St. Anne;
- Simonopetra - The imperishable relics of Mary Magdalene, which have maintained their body temperature for almost 2,000 years.